Duck Videos Thread!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by HannahDuckLover, Aug 2, 2015.

1. HannahDuckLover

HannahDuckLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2015
    By the jungle
    Yeah, they always acted like they were starving until they got to be free-range. Even when they were older and in a fenced pen, they still were really hungry every time we fed them.

[​IMG]

Now that my flock is free range, they don't eat NEARLY so much of what I provide!

2. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    Ducks are total piggies! I think in the wild they have to constantly eat to get enough calories on their mostly herbivorous diet, so in captivity I feel like that instinct never really goes away. Poor things. I give mine lotsa greens to offset it, if I gave them all the kibble they wanted I wouldn't have ducks, I'd have two curling stones with bills!

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Mountains of Western N.C.
    [​IMG]

4. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    I've never seen my Muscovy's eat like that but they do free range and I keep feed out for them during daylight hours. That looks almost like gorging . Beautiful Scovy's.

5. HannahDuckLover

Jul 10, 2015
    By the jungle
    They don't gorge anymore (except when it's dry and harder to find forage), now that they're free range. I only offer food once a day (or twice when it's dry) and sometimes they'll hardly touch it. They just find so much from foraging.

First time a duckling ventured to have a bath...
    Back then, as a first-time duck owner, even little things seemed exciting!

[​IMG]

6. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    I have had Muscovy for 11 yrs and still enjoy watching ducklings when they first discover water. They enjoy it so much. You make great videos.

1 person likes this.
  7. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    loved it. Great entertainment while riding the recumbent bike.

8. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    Weeeeeee, I saw Skylar fly. Cute. Little. Duck bird.

9. AimToMisbehave

AimToMisbehave Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2015
    Snohomish, WA
    I put together a Peepery playlist of all the videos I've taken of our first little flock of runners, so you can see how they've grown :D They're almost fully fledged!

10. HannahDuckLover

Jul 10, 2015
    By the jungle
    Due to tech problems and procrastination, this video has been nearly a month in the making. The Cucumber Thieves first share their favorite treat, but then Moon gets selfish and runs off with it. But she keeps dropping it and losing it. When she finds it again, another duck has it. She grabs it again and drops it again. Later, Moon steals it from Apple, but then she drops it on her foot, and Creamy and Daphne find it before she does. But who wins in the end?

(In the shot you see below, Apple has the cucumber, and Moon is behind her, looking for an opportunity to take it back.)

[​IMG]

Silly ducks. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by