Wifezilla

Positively Ducky
11 Years
Oct 2, 2008
Colorado
Ducks: 12
Goldfish: 0

big_smile.png

After work I stopped by the pet store and picked up a dozen feeder goldfish. I cleaned out the ducks pool and added fresh water. I called them over and told them I had a present. Lana is the only one brave enough to get close to see what I was doing. After I filled it with fresh water, I poured in the gold fish and stood back.

All the ducks rushed to the pool, but Lana got there first. She saw the fish, her eyes got really big for a second, and then she jumped in after them quacking and making noise the whole time. Chrissy saw something in the water was moving and ran the other way. Jack and Janet hung back a little, and by the time they figured out Lana was having a great time, she had eaten most of the fish. Jack got 1...maybe 2. Lana ate all the rest.

I felt sorry for Janet and Chrissy and gave them a few blueberries
big_smile.png

Next time, I bet those boneheads don't hang back
gig.gif

Last edited:
well i didn't think that ducks ate goldfish until now!!! but sad story to my goldfish today, they got discovered by the ducks and i guess they ate them. my 3 pekins ate my goldfish!!!!!! i was very shocked.
ep.gif
i had that goldfish pond for about 6 months before they came all the way into the yard and finally discovered it!!! ohh well, aint no biggie, just go by petco n pick up some more 28 cent goldfish. hope they enjoyed their little rampage and what little bit of my 10 little goldfish they ate. they wont get any more. today i put a wire fence around it. Maybe if they are good i will go out and buy some just for them to EAT!!!!:
lol.png

well i guess they got to eat those high cent goldfish!!!!!!hope they will behave so they can get some of those 12 cent fish!!!!!! if they really behave and stay out of the goldfish pond i will make them one of their own, just down there at their big pond. would love to see them getting those fish!!!!. just glad i didn't catch them today in the process. i would have been upset, but who could be upset with those cute duck faces and their quacks!!!! they just melt my heart:love, just too bad for the fish though!!!!!
sad.png

my ducks love goldfish, 'specially in the summer
gig.gif

they're a cheap, really good way to keep them entertained, and a good meat supplement.

Many years ago, my kids and I were feeding ducks some bread at a park pond. One of the ducks would break up the bread rather than eat it, and when little fish came for the bread, it ate them. I was amazed! That duck was attracting the fish on purpose!

Back
Top Bottom