Duck weird behavior

Pics
You ought to see geese do this it's really funny to see a grown goose start swimming under water then all of a sudden launch themselves out of the pool run with their wings open then jump back in. My ducks do it too.
What’s it like to have geese? I’m assuming it’s like ducks

It's very interesting lol
My first goose [gander] was hatched by my muscovy in 2007 he just passed away this past Feb he was such an awesome goose except during breeding season when he turned into a Special agent body guard to his mate Missy who is now 10. You really have to love geese to put up with the 4-6 months that hormones are at their peak. Similar to drakes but a bit more exasperting lol

Well, it may depend on the breed some are more laid back than others. My gander was an Embden and he was pretty cranky from Mid Jan thru mid June, Biting is the worse so young children would have to be watched closely My grandkids could only be in with the birds when I could supervise. He never even acted like he'd bite one Just me. lol My goose Missy is very laid back. Although even though she lost her mate she was pretty cranky during mating season. Never offered to bite me but was not so nice to the ducks if they got close. Now she sleeps with them in the coop.

We have one drake here and also one 'boss' Campbell White. There are often disagreements as the Campbell White is a female but knows she is boss. So does the drake.

We have to separate them sometimes, but the hormones given off by the drake affect the ducks' temperament.

We have one drake here and also one 'boss' Campbell White. There are often disagreements as the Campbell White is a female but knows she is boss. So does the drake.

We have to separate them sometimes, but the hormones given off by the drake affect the ducks' temperament.
I have 2 drakes and the smaller one, well, is mean to the other 1 in the pool

Yeah, drakes can be testy to other drakes. It's normal. If you can have more than 1 pool and spread it apart that can help.
Unfortunately I don’t think I can get more than one pool but when I see them fighting (black duck attacking other duck) I usually try to stop it. I know it probably can be fully removed from their system (it’s dux) but I try to discourage it

Back
Top Bottom