Duck weird behavior

Pics

Summer_

Quacking
Apr 24, 2022
Indiana
Hello! Yes I’m posting again this quick :) my ducks, who are already hard to understand, have now started ”fighting”? Maybe? Is it something else/them being normal? (probably is Im not good at telling duck behavior apart). They stand facing each other lower their heads to the ground, and then start pecking at each other. The worst time today was when one duck pecked at another ducks eye. Is this normal? Should I do anything? Pls help lol :)

they started doing that today and have done it several times :hmm

Absolutely adorable duckies! I love the little drake curls!!!! I only I hens, but I kinda want a drake. Maybe next year....

Totally off topic, but how do you like that inflatable pool? I want something bigger for my ducks, and we aren't at the point where we can build them a pond yet. Something like that would be easier and cheaper in the mean time.

How do they get in and out? How do you drain and clean it?
I wish drakes had a better attitude with hormones but honestly I love my drakes
One they are so pretty
And two my drakes are way more friendly
My girls are not aggressive at all but they don’t want to be held unless sick and I need to help them
My one boy will see me from across the yard and coming running as fast as he can to be picked up and pet

I wish drakes had a better attitude with hormones but honestly I love my drakes
One they are so pretty
And two my drakes are way more friendly
My girls are not aggressive at all but they don’t want to be held unless sick and I need to help them
My one boy will see me from across the yard and coming running as fast as he can to be picked up and pet
Awwww! How sweet!

I gave 6 ducks - 5 hens and 1 female duckling. My 1 duckling is super attached to me and very affectionate. I worry she will "outgrow" me once I introduce her to the big girls. My big girls are the same: friendly, not skittish, but not affectionate.

Awwww! How sweet!

I gave 6 ducks - 5 hens and 1 female duckling. My 1 duckling is super attached to me and very affectionate. I worry she will "outgrow" me once I introduce her to the big girls. My big girls are the same: friendly, not skittish, but not affectionate.
She may always be attached as she is the only little one right now
My guess is she imprinted on you
@BelovedBirds has 2 girls
They hatched 4 days apart and were very spoiled with cuddles
Although they don’t have a flock to join they are still very affectionate with her
Even sitting on her shoulder
I did have one girl who was an egg under mom that needed assistance to hatch. Unfortunately mom was great at sitting her whole 4 weeks she was not happy about a baby
So I had to raise her and her siblings were 2 weeks older they were much to rough at first
I spent a ton of time holding her and her brooder was right beside the others so she was never truly alone
Once I put her with the older ones at about 3 weeks that was it. She was much ti happy to be part of a flock and had no interest in me at all

They really are. My Muscovy drake doesn't do the weird sounds so you can imagine when my Runner drake started doing this I thought something was seriously wrong with him.
He does this in water and out. My Runner Snoop is so cute of an evening when it's time to go inside he'll go in with some of his girls then after a while if all haven't come in yet he will come back out and go find them. He likes to make sure they are all inside. ❤️

Awwww! How sweet!

I imagine you'll always have a special bond with her if you spend lots of time having cuddles while she's young-
If your other ducks were skittish, I would worry that she may end up keeping more of a distance, but if they're fairly friendly, I doubt you have much to worry about!
Despite only having my two, I worried that they'd be less friendly once older- to my surprise theyre actually more friendly. Dougie for example only started enjoying her face being touched at at months old! All I can recommend is spending lots of time with her and trying to keep that special bond :)

Since I have only drakes I shouldn’t have any issues with them in the early year?
When the hormones rage during mating season, its wise to expect some drake battles- but nothing should get too terrible- if anyone is injured/getting singled out, you can separate temporarily. Certain things, like multiple kiddie pools, multiple feeding stations, can help. It can also depend a little on their temperaments.

Back
Top Bottom