Duck weird behavior

Awwww! How sweet!

I gave 6 ducks - 5 hens and 1 female duckling. My 1 duckling is super attached to me and very affectionate. I worry she will "outgrow" me once I introduce her to the big girls. My big girls are the same: friendly, not skittish, but not affectionate.
I imagine you'll always have a special bond with her if you spend lots of time having cuddles while she's young-
If your other ducks were skittish, I would worry that she may end up keeping more of a distance, but if they're fairly friendly, I doubt you have much to worry about!
Despite only having my two, I worried that they'd be less friendly once older- to my surprise theyre actually more friendly. Dougie for example only started enjoying her face being touched at at months old! All I can recommend is spending lots of time with her and trying to keep that special bond :)

Since I have only drakes I shouldn’t have any issues with them in the early year?
When the hormones rage during mating season, its wise to expect some drake battles- but nothing should get too terrible- if anyone is injured/getting singled out, you can separate temporarily. Certain things, like multiple kiddie pools, multiple feeding stations, can help. It can also depend a little on their temperaments.

Back
Top Bottom