Duck with a broken foot (I Think) !!!

pfost262

Chirping
7 Years
Jan 16, 2013
I have two 5 week old pekings and haven't taken them out of their cages in about 5 days or so. Today I took one out and noticed she was limping and her leg was broken or dislocated. What do I do????? Her foot is limp and I'm scared!

First, post a picture. It helps. Second, how big is there cage? Third, are you sure its broken, or is she just walking funny on it? Niacin deficiency in ducklings can cause them to walk weird. I just had to deal with this with my ducklings.

I actually posted a video link in the duck section of the forum. Are there other signs of a niacin dificiancy? And I pray that if that is what it is that it is fixable?? Thanks!!

Here is a video. Ya know it may be a dificiency. I looked it up and that seems very similar to what she has. Infact, even the larger one seems to walk a bit funny. MY little girl seems that her left leg may also be a bit smaller at the joint (or the right one is just swollen?) I am VERY NEW to this, my first ducks, so it is a bit scary because I want to catch the problem before it becomes permanent if it hasn't already.

These are my first ducks, too! Just make sure they have room to run, and try putting Poly Vi Sol (Without Iron) in their water. I'm doing this currently and my duck is already walking better. It looks like a niacin deficiency. You'd have to google how much, because I'm not 100% sure. I've been putting half a dropper in because I read somewhere a girl was giving each of her ducks a half a dropper each for the same thing. But I can't get my ducks to take it directly.
tongue2.gif
Good luck, and I hope it helps!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom