Duck with bumblefoot?

TheDuckCrew

Songster
10 Years
Feb 21, 2009
Connecticut
My duck has been limping for awhile, and i wasn't sure why. i heard people talking about bumblefoot, so i looked it up. i just went out and caught her, turned her over and looked at her feet. it kinda looked like this, but without the black pieces on the bottom. i didn't have a camera, i found this on google.
DuckBumblefoot.jpg

what can i do for her? should i isolate her, with her drake. they wouldn't be happy apart. he was right next to me the whole time i was holding her. i could bring her into our basement but i'm not sure what to put her and her boy in so they would stay in one spot. i heard you should soak her foot in warm water with epson salt, should i just make up a pool for her and put epson salt in it? also, would i have to bandage it, if so, how? thanks in advance for the help.

i'm going to check my other ducks for bumblefoot too, just to make sure they haven't all had it.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure my other 3 ducks have mild cases of bumblefoot. they are limping, but i could see wierd things on the bottom of their feet when they were walking. i tried to catch them and only got covered in battles wounds from their claws. any ideas on what to do?

I'm not sure what you should do for bumble foot. Never had the problem so far. Have you tried doing a search on it, here on BYC? Hopefully someone with more experience will come along with the answers you need. Good luck with it.
smile.png

I would make sure it is bumble foot before cutting it open. I know ducks do have a lot of padding where the bumble foot would be located. In my experience they have the "plug" like what is shown in the picture. Sometimes our ducks get a little cut on their foot and limp for a week. If you could post a picture somehow I am sure others would be able to give you more advice.

Back
Top Bottom