Duck with foot lump

Lauraduck

Songster
Oct 13, 2021
Hawaii
I noticed this large swollen bump on the bottom of one of my duck's feet, it's been there for a while and I finally picked her up
today for a closer look. Any idea what it is? Doesn't look like bumblefoot (my other duck is dealing with that) since there is no scab. It also doesn't bother her one bit. I'm thinking I will monitor it for now. Any advice is much appreciated!
753BD484-3B1F-4F8B-BA56-F70CFECDA86E.jpeg

Trust me that is bumble/ My Runner had one and since I had never seen a bumble like this we took her to the vet. She was given antibiotics and Meloxicam after 7 days nothing had changed so I took a scalpel and made a tiny slit and popped it out put antibiotic ointment in the opening wrapped and she finished up her meds foot healed and she is doing great.
FD8EB605-2C37-47EB-AF7F-C1E5A7C30D4A.jpeg

Trust me that is bumble/ My Runner had one and since I had never seen a bumble like this we took her to the vet. She was given antibiotics and Meloxicam after 7 days nothing had changed so I took a scalpel and made a tiny slit and popped it out put antibiotic ointment in the opening wrapped and she finished up her meds foot healed and she is doing great. View attachment 3099059
It does look just like what my Runner girl has. Maybe soaking it like regular bumblefoot might help?

Back
Top Bottom