Duck with Recurring Eye Injury

Yep def have to watch for that with chickens.

Very happy to hear she is doing so much better.

Thank you!! I’m so relieved. On Thursday evening I was almost in tears fretting about whether I was doing the right things. I’m going to give her another week before we start thinking about reintroducing her to the group... Fingers crossed we can get this figured out.

Hi all! Getting ready to try to reintroduce the duck to her flock this weekend. She’s spent the last two days out free ranging around the outside of their run (and bringing her inside again at night). Any tips for the reintroduction to make sure she doesn’t get beat up again?

Well it will take time but hopefully since they have seen her and been around her while she has been recovering they will accept her back now that she is healed and acting normal. Maybe because they could tell she was not normal was the reason they were picking on her. Just keep an eye on things some pushing may occur lets hope that will be all.

Well it will take time but hopefully since they have seen her and been around her while she has been recovering they will accept her back now that she is healed and acting normal. Maybe because they could tell she was not normal was the reason they were picking on her. Just keep an eye on things some pushing may occur lets hope that will be all.
I really hope so too!

Back
Top Bottom