Duck with swollen foot

If an injury soaking in warm epsom salt water can help with inflammation also Meloxicam if you have some or know someone who does. That will have to be a prescription. If infection you can get the Baytril and start on that. It’s really hard to say she could have gotten her foot caught under something gotten stepped on if you have other animals. Or she could have had a small cut and infection set in.

What I mean is there doesn't appear to be anything under the foot that looks like bumble but there could still be infection that is what bumble is. Since we don't know why there is swelling there could be infection in there. I'd treat just in case you def don't want this to spread. Is the bottom of the foot dirty or is that the natural color becasue if it's dirt then clean the foot good and post another picture the white patch on the toe could be where something broke the skin but it would be better if we could see it clearer. So lets not rule out bumble foot [infection]yet. They can come in may different looks

What I mean is there doesn't appear to be anything under the foot that looks like bumble but there could still be infection that is what bumble is. Since we don't know why there is swelling there could be infection in there. I'd treat just in case you def don't want this to spread. Is the bottom of the foot dirty or is that the natural color becasue if it's dirt then clean the foot good and post another picture the white patch on the toe could be where something broke the skin but it would be better if we could see it clearer. So lets not rule out bumble foot [infection]yet. They can come in may different looks
Ok yes foot is dirty
Very muddy where their pool is and they love digging in the dirt. The white patch doesn’t look like an infection or sore so I’m thinking she stepped on a thorn or something cause it’s a nemesis here on our property which I’ve been trying to destroy since we’ve had the birds.
Will try to send a clearer picture soon. Thank you for helping.

What I mean is there doesn't appear to be anything under the foot that looks like bumble but there could still be infection that is what bumble is. Since we don't know why there is swelling there could be infection in there. I'd treat just in case you def don't want this to spread. Is the bottom of the foot dirty or is that the natural color becasue if it's dirt then clean the foot good and post another picture the white patch on the toe could be where something broke the skin but it would be better if we could see it clearer. So let’s not rule out bumble foot [infection]yet. They can come in may different looks
I soaked her foot in warm Epsom salt water for about 5 mins and cleaned it as best as I could at the moment.
Any thoughts? Updated pictures with cleaner foot. Still at little dirty though.

Attachments

• IMG_4383.jpeg
    IMG_4383.jpeg
    783.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4384.jpeg
    IMG_4384.jpeg
    663.5 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom