Duckens first night in coop

zooweemama

Songster
7 Years
Apr 17, 2012
Far Northern California
4a261199-91d7-3bd8.jpg
4a261199-91ed-d58e.jpg

Went great. Everyone is chipper. I can't believe how much they pooped! There's 10 of them. They have 2 waterers, one feeder (w have the big kind but they seemed freaked by all the newness so I let them use their old one for now) and they have a brick ramp up to a screened platform with small buckets of water to dunk their heads in. Not sure they've use it yet. They seem kinda weirded out by it. Lol.

They loooove the hay bedding tho!

Cruddy cell phone pics but oh well.

If it doesn't make sense - I blame autocorrect. Sent from my sweet iPhone 4s.

4a261199-91d7-3bd8.jpg
4a261199-91ed-d58e.jpg

Went great. Everyone is chipper. I can't believe how much they pooped! There's 10 of them. They have 2 waterers, one feeder (w have the big kind but they seemed freaked by all the newness so I let them use their old one for now) and they have a brick ramp up to a screened platform with small buckets of water to dunk their heads in. Not sure they've use it yet. They seem kinda weirded out by it. Lol.
They loooove the hay bedding tho!
Cruddy cell phone pics but oh well.
They sure are cute and coop looks nice and roomy for them too. have you posted pics of the outside? would love to see it and may have and forgot.
old.gif

4a261199-9385-3932.jpg
Before we finished putting on the other door and covering up the screens windows for drafts. We fashioned it so I can roll the plastic sheeting up during the day so it doesn't get too hot.

4a261199-9385-3932.jpg
Before we finished putting on the other door and covering up the screens windows for drafts. We fashioned it so I can roll the plastic sheeting up during the day so it doesn't get too hot.

Love it, and what a beautiful place you have there for them.

It looks very nice! Did you just leave one light on out there for them? I would love to get mine outside, but I guess I will have to build an extension on. I was told not to put the babies in with my adult duck.

Awwww, how cute. We have 10 babies due to arrive on Wed from Metzer. Weird how it's so warm out west and cold here in NC - but that shouldn't last long. I like having them close inside for a while so everyone can get acquainted. Can't wait to get my hands on the little fuzzies.

BEE-YOU-TEA-FULL JOB! Your duckies are going to adore it!
And yes, they do love a good pile of fluffy hay to poke their beaks through!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom