Duckings arrived in terrible shape!

I am having the same issue with Metzer. Tomorrow will be thursday and nobody knows where they are located, so I can't even go pick them up . I lost my pet 3 weeks ago as I only had the 2..he just dissappered in a 8 ft enclosed fence...so I hope mine are alive when I get them. Thanks for listening☺

I am having the same issue with Metzer. Tomorrow will be thursday and nobody knows where they are located, so I can't even go pick them up . I lost my pet 3 weeks ago as I only had the 2..he just dissappered in a 8 ft enclosed fence...so I hope mine are alive when I get them. Thanks for listening☺
Can you call your post office as soon as they open? If the package isn't there yet, they could probably call you as soon as it arrives. My post office didn't call until hours later and one of my ducklings seemed more recently passed so I may have been able to save her if I got them ASAP. Let me know how they do! How many did you order? Maybe the weather is not so cold now and yours will be ok!

"Replacement" ducklings are shipping to us next week. Customer service assured me my incidence was a rare event, but from what I read its not too uncommon to have ducklings die in a 3-day journey. I'm very worried.

I was at the post office waiting on the delivery trucks at 5:30.
they were on the 2nd truck with no heat and it was 37 degrees.
I ordered 3 and they all are alive...2 have bubbles coming out of their beaks after they eat..does anyone know if this is normal? I will Never order frim Mezter again.

I'm so glad they are all alive! I think the beak bubbles aren't too concerning. It may be that they are sort of dehydrated so their mucus is extra sticky. My ducklings had those too for the first day or so. Keep hydration going! I woke mine up every 30 minutes to drink because they were so sleepy. Did Metzer give electrolytes for their water? Keep us updated! What kind of ducklings did you get? Are they your first ducklings?

I'm on the fence about Metzer. I'm not happy with the shipment times and conditions but I think that's more on the USPS than Metzer. I'm just not too keen on shipping ducklings in general after my first experience. We're going to take our "replacement" shipment next week, because the ducklings are already incubating and their fate will be no better (maybe worse) if I cancel now. But I plan to look locally in the future.

Thanks for the help! They are Blue Swedish girls. I hace a mallard that is a year old..had 2 boys but 3 weeks ago Bubbles went missing n 15 mintues while in the yard..we have a 8 ft fence around the yard..no feathers or blood..so I dont know what happened to him.
Waddles was soo sad..so these girls are for him and me☺. I will keep you posted❤
I'm so glad they are all alive! I think the beak bubbles aren't too concerning. It may be that they are sort of dehydrated so their mucus is extra sticky. My ducklings had those too for the first day or so. Keep hydration going! I woke mine up every 30 minutes to drink because they were so sleepy. Did Metzer give electrolytes for their water? Keep us updated! What kind of ducklings did you get? Are they your first ducklings?

I'm on the fence about Metzer. I'm not happy with the shipment times and conditions but I think that's more on the USPS than Metzer. I'm just not too keen on shipping ducklings in general after my first experience. We're going to take our "replacement" shipment next week, because the ducklings are already incubating and their fate will be no better (maybe worse) if I cancel now. But I plan to look locally in the future.

Yeah, these issues are more with USPS than Metzer. Although I do think that more needs to be done with the added precautions (extra grow gel, more heat packs that last longer, overnight shipping). I'm sure most people would be happy to have the extra few bucks attached to the order to give the babes a better chance.

I'm shifting to the side of buying hatching eggs or sourcing local, even bookmarking some of the few places that allow deposits for sexed juveniles.

I'm shifting to the side of buying hatching eggs or sourcing local, even bookmarking some of the few places that allow deposits for sexed juveniles.
Yes. My challenge is finding sexed ducks locally. Everyone sells straight run and I totally understand it's not easy to sex the ducks. (I certainly don't know how!) We don't have extra room for drakes right now and I can't just give them away after my kids raise them.

Our "replacements" shipped today... hoping for a good outcome this time. I'll update on Wednesday. Looking forward to a blue swedish, a silver appleyard, and a golden 300. The first three are so big and doing great. They just beg for treats!!

My babies made it:wee:wee here they are.

Attachments

• 20210509_224529_HDR.jpg
    20210509_224529_HDR.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom