Duckins???

duck rookie

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 30, 2012
OK, my rooster is mating with my duck.. ummm... what happens now? the feathers on the duck's neck is starting to be frazzled so this has happened more than once... is this normal? will I get a cross breed LMAO!!

I was shocked.. I didn't think that would happen. They are free range so keeping them apart will be hard. I thought the duck was male. since I have two and they both mate with each other. umm...

:gig You must have my Carltons brother!
_MG_3353.jpg
_MG_3355.jpg
_MG_3367.jpg
Though my nephews have taken to calling him Chuck (1/2 chicken 1/2 duck). He mates my Khakis and my muscovy. They are in much better shape then my chickens from mating! Oh did I mention that my rooster ONLY mates the ducks?

My rooster is a Brahma (golden) and is HUGE! He is about 20 weeks now and is now a lot taller than my Pekins. The Pekins were at the top of the pecking order but now the rooster has won :) So this must be common then, he will bypass all the females (5) and go right for my duck.. my poor duck tries to run but it's little legs cant move as fast...

My rooster is a Brahma (golden) and is HUGE! He is about 20 weeks now and is now a lot taller than my Pekins. The Pekins were at the top of the pecking order but now the rooster has won  :)  So this must be common then, he will bypass all the females (5) and go right for my duck.. my poor duck tries to run but it's little legs cant move as fast... 

I have the same thing happening! My amber link mated with my pekin the other day and I was blown away lol

Back
Top Bottom