Duckling angel wing?

Daisy Minotaur

Chirping
May 16, 2019
Brookville, PA, USA
My first brood of Muscovy ducklings 14 in total just started to develop wing feathers got home today and noticed several of them have wings pointing out at least two with left wing only and at least two with both wings though less severe. The mother duck has angel wing. I read a bit on angel wing but am unsure how quickly I should be wrapping if necessary
This is the worst case alexandrite:
upload_2019-8-19_1-59-2.jpeg

She seems to be the only one in which the bone seemed rotated out of place. she has been slightly smaller than the other ducklings since hatch is this related?
The other ducklings:
upload_2019-8-19_1-59-2.jpeg

The pied duckling at the edge of the picture and the black one on the lower side of the feeder
upload_2019-8-19_2-3-51.jpeg

The one next to my legs and the one across from me with it’s head in the feeder

Sorry about the poor quality of photos I’ll get better ones in the day light tomorrow
Are they developed enough to wrap? Or should I wait longer and how long?

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-19_1-46-31.jpeg
    upload_2019-8-19_1-46-31.jpeg
    587.3 KB · Views: 2
upload_2019-8-19_2-20-13.jpeg

She seems to be the only one in which the bone seemed rotated out of place. she has been slightly smaller than the other ducklings since hatch is this related?
The other ducklings:
upload_2019-8-19_2-20-13.jpeg

The pied duckling at the edge of the picture and the black one on the lower side of the feeder
View attachment 1882497
The one next to my legs and the one across from me with it’s head in the feeder

Sorry about the poor quality of photos I’ll get better ones in the day light tomorrow
Are they developed enough to wrap? Or should I wait longer and how long?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are these all angle wing or are some just not used to their wing feathers?

Back
Top Bottom