Duckling care confirmation....

Well @Miss Lydia, here’s an updated pic (it’s lame though LOL)

Because I wanted to confirm that this positioning is still okay. I know they’ll go to the cooler side when hot or hotter side when cold... but when they’re just sorta kickin’ it in the hot zone but off by two inches? Like they’re not actually hot but too dense/ignoring the cool side, are they? The thermometer is dead set at 90. They’re not panting or anything. Just noticed they weren’t directly under the light but they weren’t in the cold side either.

(Smack me, I know I’m ridiculous)

Attachments

• F08D6721-BEF6-4CA9-B71F-1896C5AE715B.jpeg
    F08D6721-BEF6-4CA9-B71F-1896C5AE715B.jpeg
    370.7 KB · Views: 7
  • E29F437C-EE30-4084-91B7-CD13228938A1.jpeg
    E29F437C-EE30-4084-91B7-CD13228938A1.jpeg
    407.3 KB · Views: 7
Well @Miss Lydia, here’s an updated pic (it’s lame though LOL)

Because I wanted to confirm that this positioning is still okay. I know they’ll go to the cooler side when hot or hotter side when cold... but when they’re just sorta kickin’ it in the hot zone but off by two inches? Like they’re not actually hot but too dense/ignoring the cool side, are they? The thermometer is dead set at 90. They’re not panting or anything. Just noticed they weren’t directly under the light but they weren’t in the cold side either.

(Smack me, I know I’m ridiculous)
Looks like they are snuggled in right where they want to be. Not too hot, not too cold. Kinda like Goldilocks!:gig

Looks like they are snuggled in right where they want to be. Not too hot, not too cold. Kinda like Goldilocks!:gig

Lords know that it wouldn’t be the first time a duck had a persnickety opinion about something LOL

I figured I was being ridiculous, and further noting that they’re followers by nature, I just figured I’d double check before I turned around and saw ducks with little SPF streaks and sunglasses.

For our viewing pleasure: ducks being indecisive and exhibiting their silly following nature

Such adorable lil ones:love, hey watch those earrings just had a OP post saying their duckling ate a earring was going to take it for Xrays.

90* is kind of warm might want to make it between 85-90 I haven't ever kept ducklings at 90. Just me.

Such adorable lil ones:love, hey watch those earrings just had a OP post saying their duckling ate a earring was going to take it for Xrays.

90* is kind of warm might want to make it between 85-90 I haven't ever kept ducklings at 90. Just me.

Oh no! Poor baby duckie bit off more than it was ready for! Thankfully my earrings are mostly the “huggie” variety where they are one piece and clamps together (think of a claw clip for your hair). But! None the less, there’s diamonds involved and I wouldn’t have thought anything about them getting swallowed though. Good call!

As for the temp? They’re still pretty squat in the middle of the heated area so I haven’t really had any genuine reason to be concerned with the heat level. I’d read (and who knows which sites at this point) that it was to start at 90 and then go down 5 degrees each week. The TSC thermometer has the requirements listed on them for chickens/ducks and turkeys.

And none of this is to say you’re wrong: 85-90 may be just as swell as 90 but I’m just a nerd with following what I’ve read lol. 85 May work just fine but since I’d read 90 (also read 85) and then the thermometer said 90, I went super square and hav kept it at like 89.99 degrees ((dweeb, I know)).

Back
Top Bottom