Duckling Hatch - Help Please

AutumnMerritt

Chirping
Jun 4, 2015
Merritt Island, FL
Hello all,

I have raised ducks for a few years but never had to hatch any. I have one duck egg that I have made a makeshift incubator for. It should be hatching literally now. Unfortunately I do not have a day count. About 5 days ago two others with it were rolled open and died in coop.. So I took this one home. They looked very close to being ready the ones that passed. (Which is why I am assuming it's ready.) Also the air cell is about 1/3 of the shell. I can see tons of movement and it looks like the duckling is "trying" to break through the membrane? I just can't tell if it has or not. I don't see a blunt beak shape but there is a point at one side of the air cell. I am scared I need to assist with breaking through. It's been 24 hours of "attempting" to break through. Or at least that's what it looks like. I am worried it could be shrink wrapped. I will try and get some photos/vids after work. Any advice thoughts would be greatly appreciated as I am worried sick. I have the temp at around 98/99 and humidity is 60% or more.

THANK YOU! (Please tell me if I need to adjust etc.)

It won't be shrink wrapped if it hasn't externally pipped, and your humidity is good. Ducks take a long time to hatch so it's more than likely just fine at this point in time. The whole hatching process does take a couple of days at least, but I've never hatched ducks before so hopefully one of these members will be online and will let you know what to expect:

@Ravynscroft
@WVduckchick
@casportpony

It won't be shrink wrapped if it hasn't externally pipped, and your humidity is good. Ducks take a long time to hatch so it's more than likely just fine at this point in time. The whole hatching process does take a couple of days at least, but I've never hatched ducks before so hopefully one of these members will be online and will let you know what to expect:

@Ravynscroft
@WVduckchick
@casportpony
Thank you for your response. It has made me feel better. Can't wait to get home and check on the progress!

We've arrived! :love
image2.jpeg

Attachments

• image1 (2).jpeg
    image1 (2).jpeg
    307.7 KB · Views: 5
  • image1 (2).jpeg
    image1 (2).jpeg
    307.7 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom