Duckling Hatch - Help Please

AutumnMerritt

Chirping
Jun 4, 2015
Merritt Island, FL
Hello all,

I have raised ducks for a few years but never had to hatch any. I have one duck egg that I have made a makeshift incubator for. It should be hatching literally now. Unfortunately I do not have a day count. About 5 days ago two others with it were rolled open and died in coop.. So I took this one home. They looked very close to being ready the ones that passed. (Which is why I am assuming it's ready.) Also the air cell is about 1/3 of the shell. I can see tons of movement and it looks like the duckling is "trying" to break through the membrane? I just can't tell if it has or not. I don't see a blunt beak shape but there is a point at one side of the air cell. I am scared I need to assist with breaking through. It's been 24 hours of "attempting" to break through. Or at least that's what it looks like. I am worried it could be shrink wrapped. I will try and get some photos/vids after work. Any advice thoughts would be greatly appreciated as I am worried sick. I have the temp at around 98/99 and humidity is 60% or more.

THANK YOU! (Please tell me if I need to adjust etc.)

JaeG

Crossing the Road
7 Years
Sep 29, 2014
New Zealand
It won't be shrink wrapped if it hasn't externally pipped, and your humidity is good. Ducks take a long time to hatch so it's more than likely just fine at this point in time. The whole hatching process does take a couple of days at least, but I've never hatched ducks before so hopefully one of these members will be online and will let you know what to expect:

@Ravynscroft
@WVduckchick
@casportpony

AutumnMerritt

Chirping
Jun 4, 2015
Merritt Island, FL
It won't be shrink wrapped if it hasn't externally pipped, and your humidity is good. Ducks take a long time to hatch so it's more than likely just fine at this point in time. The whole hatching process does take a couple of days at least, but I've never hatched ducks before so hopefully one of these members will be online and will let you know what to expect:

@Ravynscroft
@WVduckchick
@casportpony
Thank you for your response. It has made me feel better. Can't wait to get home and check on the progress!

AutumnMerritt

Chirping
Jun 4, 2015
Merritt Island, FL
We've arrived! :love
image2.jpeg

Attachments

• image1 (2).jpeg
    image1 (2).jpeg
    307.7 KB · Views: 5
  • image1 (2).jpeg
    image1 (2).jpeg