Duckling have arrived! (What now??)

You can compare the nutritional information on your feed to the requirements listed on the Metzer site. This will give you a better idea if there are any huge deficiencies in your feed. Just remember that there are very few people and animals on this planet that get exactly what they need in the quantities they need. Sometimes you do your best with what you can get. http://www.metzerfarms.com/NutritionalRequirements.cfm?affiliate=undef&CustID=17998435

Mama should teach the ducklings everything they need to know. She will show them where to eat and drink. If you are worried about the scraps being too big just chopped them finer until the ducklings are bigger. If you have them all confined away from the flock make sure they have access to some sort of grit.

Thanks. Do you think it's important to segregate them? She has rebuilt her nest there over and over even after we have rearranged the whole house, it's her favourite spot and I don't think she'd like being moved. But I could possibly wire in their little under-table area, do you think it's necessary?

You can compare the nutritional information on your feed to the requirements listed on the Metzer site. This will give you a better idea if there are any huge deficiencies in your feed. Just remember that there are very few people and animals on this planet that get exactly what they need in the quantities they need. Sometimes you do your best with what you can get. http://www.metzerfarms.com/NutritionalRequirements.cfm?affiliate=undef&CustID=17998435

Mama should teach the ducklings everything they need to know. She will show them where to eat and drink. If you are worried about the scraps being too big just chopped them finer until the ducklings are bigger. If you have them all confined away from the flock make sure they have access to some sort of grit.
Do you

I separated my broody for three days until I was sure she was taking care of everyone properly. Mama was getting pretty upset at that point and wanted out. When I let them out I made sure to watch everyone closely to make sure the rest of the flock was okay with the new arrivals. After that, for a couple weeks, I let them out during the day but kept them separated at night. You'll just have to watch mama and the flock and play it by ear.

IMG_2911.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2910.JPG
    IMG_2910.JPG
    539.9 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom