Duckling having trouble drinking water

Perfect thank you. I have a silver appleyard drake (a hen is with a friend right now) and 4 welsh harlequin hens. I was a 4-H leader so I know some about them but my daughter showed horses and rabbits and guinea pigs. But my son wanted ducks. I am looking forward to the eggs. Plus I love to watch the wild ducks that come and play in the pond in the horse pasture.
silver appleyards are beautiful. I'm hoping for a few hens in this new batch..We shall see..That's part of the fun with straight runs I got this year. Best of luck!

Good luck to you too! Yours are so cute! I can't wait until mine are big enough to start swimming. I'll add pictures then, right now it's hard to get a good pic under the lights

Thank you for asking. Most are doing great growing everyday! The one having the trouble is doing okay, not much improvement yet but not any worse. She doesn't seem to be as big as the others but holding her own.

My stargazer still isn't coming around she is still small and gazing so can't swim yet. She swam in a circle then flipped over so I took her out

Since I first read your post I've been thinking about your baby. I did a bit more research into this and it can be caused by a few different vitamin deficiencies namely the B vitamins we talked about including Thiamine which is B1, Niacin which is B3 or vitamin E. Are you still giving the B complex or just yeast? Other threads say they've had success with the children's liquid vitamin drops like Poly-visol WITHOUT IRON. You can used a nutri-drench like for chickens as well. Also read that that if it's B1 you could see results within 48 hrs. It can take 10 days or so for their niacin to build up tho.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom