Duckling help

Pics
Since he looks like a runner it makes me less certain that your black one has some muscovy. Since he looks like a runner and those are some pretty brown babies it kind of makes me think they may have come from her. Maybe she is just some kind of really cool looking cayuga or east indie mix.

This is the only photos I could find of him and they are not very good will take some better ones tomorrow, but what do you reckon his breed is? View attachment 2577872View attachment 2577873View attachment 2577874View attachment 2577875
He is probably a mallard.
1616273533118.png

He is probably a mallard.
View attachment 2577918
Do you think so? He looks about the same size as that Muscovy hen I think a mallard would be much smaller. My Muscovy hens are all 5-6lbs. He really looks like some of the pics of green head runners I have seen, just a bit less upright. Since those ducklings look so much like runners that is what I I thinking.

Attachments

• Mallard-Indian-Runner-Drake-M-V-Hicks.jpg
    Mallard-Indian-Runner-Drake-M-V-Hicks.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Do you think so? He looks about the same size as that Muscovy hen I think a mallard would be much smaller. My Muscovy hens are all 5-6lbs. He really looks like some of the pics of green head runners I have seen, just a bit less upright. Since those ducklings look so much like runners that is what I I thinking.
Indian runners tend to be more skinnier, but his drake is much more fattier. It's most likely a cross between a Runner and a Rouen.

Back
Top Bottom