Duckling identification

I have made trips to get ducklings over an hour away on a Saturday or during the summer when I am not working and let my husband come home to the surprise of new ones. He used to work on a chicken farm and would want no part of them so I would probably be living alone if I tried a surprise like that. lol

I have made trips to get ducklings over an hour away on a Saturday or during the summer when I am not working and let my husband come home to the surprise of new ones. He used to work on a chicken farm and would want no part of them so I would probably be living alone if I tried a surprise like that. lol
You'll never be alone when you have animals.

Awe 💕. In the game of who's the daddy/mommy I have 18. I do know who laid what eggs so I have mom's covered..maybe lol
1 female Mallard (possible store mislabel could be Rouen)
1 female Blue Swedish
1 male Mallard (Rouen)
2 male Pekin
My guess would be mallard 🤔 cute as a button, All of them!
If they came from a hatchery the Mallard should be missing the back claw. Atleast the hatcheries I’ve looked into. They are also about half the size of a rouen, from the research I have done. I’ve seen pictures of some on here that had mallards, and while growing at some point I could see a substantial size difference with their mallard and others they had. Biggest tell is the eye stripes when ducklings, 2 is rouen, one is mallard. Once bigger and don’t have that stripe, I think it would really only be the size that will what you can figure them out from each other, or the back claw being removed if it was originally, I would assume it wouldn’t grow back.

Back
Top Bottom