Duckling in distress?

I wonder if you put him in a cup in the bottom half of the egg might keep him from popping out too soon? Just a thought these other 2 ladies know about this more than me. just with it being Christmas everyone is going to be hit or miss with replies.
I'll go ahead and zip around for him, then if I see the yolk (if he is malpositioned or lifts his head up etc) or see him yawning, clearly chewing or anything, I'll place his half of the egg in a cup, if he looks good to go, I'll place him on his side so he can pop out when ready... I'm going to assist now.... Pretty nervous!

I wonder if you put him in a cup in the bottom half of the egg might keep him from popping out too soon? Just a thought these other 2 ladies know about this more than me. just with it being Christmas everyone is going to be hit or miss with replies.
my deciding factors are that he hasnt made any progress at all in 24 hours, he isnt peeping as strongly, and we're entering day 31, which is pretty late, despite only internally pipping a day late

my deciding factors are that he hasnt made any progress at all in 24 hours, he isnt peeping as strongly, and we're entering day 31, which is pretty late, despite only internally pipping a day late

If it truly started a zip, then it’s ready. Without a clear picture, I can’t confirm it. But if you say it went a third of the way around and stopped, then trust me, it’s fine.
Beware, it might push out into your hand, so stay over something soft. Lol

Okay, so what are you going to do. We don't want you to lose him either.
I just took off the top of the shell, and he kept pushing against my hand, so back in the incubator he popped almost straight out, he had been trying so hard he had bruised the egg all over, and cracked it in places aside from him beak-
He has no yolk left, but had pooped in the egg and was frantic when he got out, some shell membrane was stuck to his skin so I reached in and carefully broke that piece off to free him from the egg and so it wouldnt pull his skin. He kept trying to stand straight after, and falling down onto his back where he just keeps kicking the air, I know theyre weak and should rest after hatch. What can I do to keep him calm?
Also his toes are still stuck together as though in the egg curled up. What should I do?

I just took off the top of the shell, and he kept pushing against my hand, so back in the incubator he popped almost straight out, he had been trying so hard he had bruised the egg all over, and cracked it in places aside from him beak-
He has no yolk left, but had pooped in the egg and was frantic when he got out, some shell membrane was stuck to his skin so I reached in and carefully broke that piece off to free him from the egg and so it wouldnt pull his skin. He kept trying to stand straight after, and falling down onto his back where he just keeps kicking the air, I know theyre weak and should rest after hatch. What can I do to keep him calm?
Also his toes are still stuck together as though in the egg curled up. What should I do?
Leave it in the incubator for an hour or so. He will get his legs under himself pretty quickly and toes will likely straighten out. It’s tough being stuck in that little egg, struggling for so long. :D

Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom