Duckling Leg Injury DIAGNOSIS: Slipped Tendons

Sorry! We had a busy weekend, which included much time playing with the ducklings. Lots of first, including learning that they love raspberries (we've been setting up their outdoor pool by the raspberry canes). Duckling #1 continue to be mobile, albeit unsteady and quick to tire out. Here's a video from yesterday (note: it's harder to walk through grass!):

Should we be doing anything for the bowleggedness, or will it correct as the duckling grows stronger (with continued vitamin B complex and supplemental niacin)?

Duckling 1 leg issue 11 July 2022.jpeg

i have noticed the bowed legs. It's always been with niacin def that is one of the symptoms. But it looks like the hip is out some on the one leg see looking at this picture the leg on the right looking straight at the picture looks normal, the left looks like the hip is out some. Could be just from the deficiency but maybe a birth defect too. I would def keep up the B complex since this little one has improved so much. No running just walking and swimming. I know it's hard to stop the running but Just don't let the little one over do. It's so good to see it doing so much better.

i have noticed the bowed legs. It's always been with niacin def that is one of the symptoms. But it looks like the hip is out some on the one leg see looking at this picture the leg on the right looking straight at the picture looks normal, the left looks like the hip is out some. Could be just from the deficiency but maybe a birth defect too. I would def keep up the B complex since this little one has improved so much. No running just walking and swimming. I know it's hard to stop the running but Just don't let the little one over do. It's so good to see it doing so much better.
Thanks! We will keep up the B complex and maybe increase swimming time, since the little does love to run when the other one does. :)

From this morning:

Would it be worth taking this duckling to see the vet to get a better sense of what's going on. We will continue to treat with nutrition and supplements, but is there anything else corrective we should be considering?

Back
Top Bottom