Duckling nostril closing!! Help

Yeah it started when on proper feed. I can’t get supplements at the moment because the nearest feed store is an hour drive there.
Okay I’ll try to upload that video. But hit just sits down most of the time, the legs are a little bow legged but not that bad so I don’t think that’s it. When it does walk it is constantly falling and whenever I’m holding it it starts freaking out when I stand up (maybe she just doesn’t want to move bc it’s high or I’m hurting her leg moving?) and the other duckling with a clogged bill like backs up randomly and looks like it can’t control where it’s going. These poor babies:( well I’ll try to upload that video
Try to get a video of both them. Poor guys! I'm really glad you and this thread, its likely the owner wouldn't' have done anything about it.
The baby with leg issues, do the legs splay to the sides at all?

Woah that took a long time 😂
here you are. I didn’t really get the other duckling walking like it was but the one with the really bad legs you can see. The duckling with the clogged bill usually walks uncontrollably when I just put her down or she’s just walking around but I didn’t get that on video sry

Woah that took a long time 😂
here you are. I didn’t really get the other duckling walking like it was but the one with the really bad legs you can see. The duckling with the clogged bill usually walks uncontrollably when I just put her down or she’s just walking around but I didn’t get that on video sry
Hmm, it doesn't look like spayed leg, I'm stumped. Hopefully Isaac will have a better idea, she's usually good with leg issues, and vitamin deficiencies that cause lameness.

Hmmm... I was really hoping on getting these guys a little better before they went home. I’ve gotten them both in 4 warm baths and I’ll probably do one before bed. The one with the hurt leg seems to relax a littl when swimming.

Hmmm... I was really hoping on getting these guys a little better before they went home. I’ve gotten them both in 4 warm baths and I’ll probably do one before bed. The one with the hurt leg seems to relax a littl when swimming.
I hope @Isaac 0 has an idea. My usually diagnosis is Niacin deficiency, but you had them on duckling feed.
Is it possible they were fed lots of treats when they were on the duckling feed, and the Niacin content was diluted? Did they get anything other then feed when they were eating ducklings feed?

I’m not really sure if the owner was feeding treats or not. I have not been since I got them. How much vitamin supplement should I be giving? The container says about a tablespoon for each pound tho that doesn’t sound enough for a pound.

I'd treat for niacin deficiency reason saying If that is what it is usually they get better pretty quick. Do you have any niacin supplements? Can't be time-released or flush free.

Back
Top Bottom