Duckling not doing well...can remember spelling on what to get

bayyjayy

Songster
8 Years
Jul 5, 2011
Utah
One of my Anconas is not growing like the rest....seems to get tired more easily, but is eating and drinking. I can NOT remember the spelling on what to search the forum for. It is something like pol v or pol sol.....something like that.

I just need to search the forum for help, so if you can give me the name, I would appreciate it!!!!

Thanks in advance,
Mike

That's it!!!!! Thank you...it was driving me nutso!
tongue.png

Ummm....so this is something for HUMAN babies? Weird, I did not know that. I can just get it at Walmart? How much do I give my baby duckling who is less than a week? How do you guys know this?

Quote:
From what I can gather from other threads it seems like the most common is 1-3 drops on the bill 2 times a day. You have to get the kind with no iron but yes you can get it at Walmart. I think most of it is people who are professional duck breeders learn by trial and error and pass on the wisdom they learn to the rest of us amateurs in the real world
lau.gif

what are the symptoms your seeing? also you can get a product called growgel they put it in with chicks and ducklings when shipping if requested, it is suppose to be good stuff to get them going, save-a-chick is another one mixed in the water, also nutri drench which is great stuff works super fast. I hope you can get it some help, I know you must be worried sick.

I actually went and got some save a chick this morning, and every hour I am going to get him and hold him up to food and water and see how it goes. I have fed him twice today like that and he does really well!

His symptoms are just not growing. Don't mind the messy walls....took this before cleaning this morning:
Minie.jpg

This is to compare with the others.....in this first picture, she is the one on the left of picture, behind my yellow darling:
8-2824.jpg

And again, she is on the left of the picture:
8-2816.jpg

This morning there is an even more marked difference than there was yesterday.

Also, can I give her the poly vi sol AND Save a Chick at the same time??

Which is better....which one would YOU use?

Thanks SO much!

Back
Top Bottom