Duckling not growing.

Was really pleased to read this thread. We have a tiny one, called Bob! Hatched 10 runners over 2 days nearly 4 weeks ago and Bob was the last to hatch. He was a bit smaller than the rest and looked a bit dazed for a week or so. Fed him separately for a while and still makes sure he gets his share of peas.
He runs around, eats and drinks with the others, is growing but very slowly. His breathing does seem a little heavy, but nothing else appears wrong. This picture was taken just after bathtime tonight
Was really pleased to read this thread. We have a tiny one, called Bob! Hatched 10 runners over 2 days nearly 4 weeks ago and Bob was the last to hatch. He was a bit smaller than the rest and looked a bit dazed for a week or so. Fed him separately for a while and still makes sure he gets his share of peas.
He runs around, eats and drinks with the others, is growing but very slowly. His breathing does seem a little heavy, but nothing else appears wrong. This picture was taken just after bathtime tonight
Wow very interesting! have you weighed Bob? this Makes me very curious.... do we all have dwarf ducklings.. or- runts? 😍 you have beautiful ducks there. Thank you for writing! this community has Definetly helped me survive through the ups and downs with this experience ❤️

Wow very interesting! have you weighed Bob? this Makes me very curious.... do we all have dwarf ducklings.. or- runts? 😍 you have beautiful ducks there. Thank you for writing! this community has Definetly helped me survive through the ups and downs with this experience ❤️
If you have dwarf ducklings you could start a line of bantams😆!!! Honestly I would LOVE to see bantam runners! Just imagine it, little bowling pin ducks running ramrod straight! SO CUTE!

We haven’t weighed our ducklings - didn’t even think about it until I read this thread. Visually we can see he is growing, but I may get the scales out.
He won’t sit down until the rest are settled and fell asleep standing up and leaning against our 8 week old after their bath as they were all busy preening. He’s such a funny little thing. (He could be a she - no idea!)

If you have dwarf ducklings you could start a line of bantams😆!!! Honestly I would LOVE to see bantam runners! Just imagine it, little bowling pin ducks running ramrod straight! SO CUTE!
That would be SO cute!!!! haha I just got the image you described in my head.... to funny and adorable for sure. Haha 😄 juniper is a sweet and sassy lil thing. She comes right to me hollering, and when I pick her up she will Settle right down in my hand- still fits... 😛

juniper gained 2 oz overnight!!!! Largest increase in size in 24hrs so far. And she’s 3 weeks old today.

Attachments

• DD6F5C2C-88E0-4271-8FD7-D1FCC31D2310.jpeg
    DD6F5C2C-88E0-4271-8FD7-D1FCC31D2310.jpeg
    480.6 KB · Views: 6
Wow - she is looking great.
My poor little Bob is now 4 weeks old and is barely getting any feathers in. I want to get them all outside in a couple of weeks and not sure he’ll be ready (it’s not warmed up much in the UK yet)

posting an updated growth chart pic.
Duck growth chart for the three ducklings...almost 3 weeks of weighing.
Daphne is a cayuga
Juniper is the Fawn and white runner (little one)
Birdi is a Khaki Campbell

Attachments

• 4FBC2346-7571-4CA3-88DB-F381A015E97D.jpeg
    4FBC2346-7571-4CA3-88DB-F381A015E97D.jpeg
    382.3 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom