Thank you so much, I’ll definitely start weighing her every morning and night. Her behavior seems really good, shes super strong and full of energy, which is why this is so confusing... I’m really hoping and praying that she’s okay and this isn’t an infection.

And let us know how much she weighs. Hopefully its nothing! :fl :hugs

She weighs 24.9 grams as of right now! Here’s some poop pictures, too. 727C6D45-E250-4B14-9E75-9E6C74FB0062.jpeg 62FE34CA-3647-4015-A1B7-5740C1CA9554.jpeg

Feed nothing but duck crumbles. for the next few days, if poop is stiil green, a disease of infection is likely.

By duck crumbles, do you mean a specific type of feed just for baby ducks, or will what I’ve been feeding her be okay to continue feeding her? It’s organic, non-medicated layer feed that has been crushed finely. We were given this duckling under very rushed circumstances, so we haven’t been able to buy anything new to accommodate.

By duck crumbles, do you mean a specific type of feed just for baby ducks, or will what I’ve been feeding her be okay to continue feeding her? It’s organic, non-medicated layer feed that has been crushed finely. We were given this duckling under very rushed circumstances, so we haven’t been able to buy anything new to accommodate.
Layer feed isn't good for ducklings. Too much calcium. Buy chick feed as soon as you can. You could add brewer's yeast for niacin

wow, that's light. Get some duckling feed ASAP.

Layer feed isn't good for ducklings. Too much calcium. Buy chick feed as soon as you can. You could add brewer's yeast for niacin

Thank you so, so much. I'm so glad you told me this, I had no idea that there was a difference in adult feed, but it makes sense given that the proportions are different for babies and adults. Entirely my fault, thank you guys for pointing that out. Thankfully the farm store we have nearby is open today and has it in stock, so we'll have some proper starter feed by the end of today. Shes been active this morning, eating and drinking, and pooped a bit. Here's what it looked like.
1591107793225.png

Thank you guys again for staying so active in this thread, I hope you'll continue to help us out in the coming days and stay tuned while we monitor her and come to the best conclusion for her. We're all so worried despite how healthy and active she seems, but we still don't know much about the poops. We really don't know everything, and we really appreciate you guys sharing your knowledge to make sure our duckling is taken care of properly.

Well we’ve see her poop can we now see the duckling? :pop Sounds like she’s found a great home.

Absolutely! She/he is criminally cute... I really hope that her poops are healthy, and that she’ll be okay... We most likely won’t be her permanent home, and we definitely won’t be if we send her to a veterinary center because of the poop issue. Best case, when she’s old enough and healthy, she’ll be headed to a friend who has a proper farm, since we’re in the city. We’ve brooded chickens, geese and ducks for them before, so she’ll get to be with a whole flock of them there, and have lot more space and a lot more fun than we can provide for her here. Plus, if she stayed here, she’d be around three fussy old ladies all the time! (My hens!)
8020F92E-987E-45D0-991F-55A60B7B1E89.jpeg
39916E29-AC6C-47D8-9AC2-F979EE353F19.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom