Duckling Question!!!

@lovemy mallards, is this a single duck? Does he have females/a flock, friends? How d was he when you got him and is he an imprinted duck? I've got an idea but more info helps
1f60a.png

Ok we got him and his female as babies. And he has always been very sweet with my daughter. If she is not in the cage he doesn't try to bite her he loves on her. He's going thru puberty. He puffs up alot and they have started mating. Yeah in the video if she just held her hand still he would bite her. That's why she keeps moving it.we also have two adults mallards. And they're 4 babies. But they are not tame at all.

Exactly the info I was hoping for! He's protecting his female from your daughter. It's nothing personal, her energy triggers his dominance buttons. Super common and can either be directed at ANY outside "competition", or just a person(s) that vibe dominance.

Gotta tell you, the other option would be that he fancies your daughter and is trying to mate with her...happens a lot with imprinted ducks. They think you're their flock and don't dofferentiate between you and another duck. Though I'm thinking it's probably more protecting his mate

Exactly the info I was hoping for! He's protecting his female from your daughter. It's nothing personal, her energy triggers his dominance buttons. Super common and can either be directed at ANY outside "competition", or just a person(s) that vibe dominance.

Gotta tell you, the other option would be that he fancies your daughter and is trying to mate with her...happens a lot with imprinted ducks. They think you're their flock and don't dofferentiate between you and another duck. Though I'm thinking it's probably more protecting his mate
I hope your right because when he's not in the pin he's always rubbing his neck on her climbing on her legs. The both do but not like him. Like I said he's always been close with her. He want do me like this.

Back
Top Bottom