Duckling Shipping - Dangerous?

LoveMagpieCalls

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 22, 2014
Northeast Iowa
I recently read a story on BYC about somebody getting ducklings shippped to them, and when they got them one was dead on two died shortly after. I was thinking of getting some shiipped and was wondering if that would be dangerous. I don't want any little duckies to loose their lives by getting shipped to me!

I recently read a story on BYC about somebody getting ducklings shippped to them, and when they got them one was dead on two died shortly after. I was thinking of getting some shiipped and was wondering if that would be dangerous. I don't want any little duckies to loose their lives by getting shipped to me!
It can be done but i would have gro gel added and heat pac if shipped when cool and not shipped at all during hot or very cold time of year. Thats when they are likely to die from dehydration and the elements. I'm sure the USPS does the best they can but to me I would rather try to by from a breeder close by than have anything shipped. If your looking for a special breed you can go on your state thread by going to "where am I where are you" and asking also we have a buy sell trade thread. Just today a memeber received ducklings that were dead or dying. he has 2 left struggling and hopefully will make it.

I am in North Carolina and had 6 ducklings shipped from Metzers in California on February. They all arrived healthy and active. I paid for the grow gel and a heat pack.

I know quite a few people that have had good luck with shipped ducks and chicks.

Back
Top Bottom