Duckling supposed to hatch two days ago, struggling to make an external pip

Rachelssmiles

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 29, 2012
Good ol Wyoming
I have one kayuga duck egg at day 30. His movement is great, he is definately trying to get out. He's pipped internally but can't seem to make an external pip. I've made the smallest hole, about the size of a pin head to give him a little oxygen, that was yesterday. I've been avoiding in any assistance. And hoped that after I gave him a little oxygen, he would pip and zip pretty quickly. I was just hoping for suggestions, don't like assisting too much because it makes my nerves go through the roof! I hatched my first kayuga duckling about a month ago, I did have to assist him, and he is doing excellently. I guess what I'm hoping for is someone to tell me to be PATIENT! Lol. All suggestions are very welcome and thank you in advance!

Post your questions here these ladies can help.. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...nown-as-hatch-day-is-today/32680#post_9056162
fl.gif

big_smile.png
Thank you very very much!
I don't do bator hatching let my muscovy girls do that but from all the reading I have done I think being patient is what you need to do for now. hopefully some of these ladies will be here soon to help you out, i know just sitting and watching the bator has to be nerve wracking. LOL

Haha! Most definately is very nerve wracking, compared to chickens, ducks are so much harder to hatch. You have to be very specific on humidity and well, it seems duck egg shells are a lot harder to get through. LOL! And good on you to let your girls do it!

Haha! Most definately is very nerve wracking, compared to chickens, ducks are so much harder to hatch. You have to be very specific on humidity and well, it seems duck egg shells are a lot harder to get through. LOL! And good on you to let your girls do it!
I see your getting some input from the hatchaholics so i'll follow along and see how it goes. And all the best.!!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom