Duckling Thread!

I’m praying I will. How many ducks can a drake hold? I’m hoping I’ll get all hens, (4 out of 4) but if I get a male.. will there be fighting? I’ll have 6 ducks total.
@Miss Lydia is the one to ask, but yes, 5 hens and 1 drake will be fine. Yes drakes fight. I lucked up, and my 2 dont, but prepare to have to get rid or separate the drakes.

Depends on the drake but at least 4 to one even if your drakes isn't over the top hormonal [do they make them] lol as for fighting well that to depends on the drakes the set up and the breed. I have Indian Runner and Muscovy. they do not fight but If I had 2 Muscovy they would not be able to be in the same area together.

Depends on the drake but at least 4 to one even if your drakes isn't over the top hormonal [do they make them] lol as for fighting well that to depends on the drakes the set up and the breed. I have Indian Runner and Muscovy. they do not fight but If I had 2 Muscovy they would not be able to be in the same area together.
So if they are the same breed they will fight? So if one of my BS turn out to be a drake I’ll be fine?

E555B71B-C4FA-46FC-9292-0BE5A555DF78.jpeg
I’m letting my littles go for a swim!

Not saying that is the case Muscovy's just do not tolerate another Muscovy drake. I have never had any Muscovy drakes live peacefully with each other. They will fight till the death. But I don't believe other breeds will. Hopefully if you have plenty of room it may work having 2 drakes just like it's working for @HuffleClaw it's just something you'll have to deal with when the time comes. Mean time though enjoy then while they are little and don't worry about later. Did you get your two little one @FluffTheDuck

Back
Top Bottom