Duckling trouble with walking

Rowley5678

Chirping
Jan 25, 2019
Hello! I have a little duckling that I got from Atwoods. He was very lethargic and being trampled so I took him help to see if there was anything I could do. I got him home, starting feeding him and putting vitamins in the food and water. It seemed to help, he started coming around more. Next morning, hes wide awake, full of energy but hes not able to walk right. He tries to walk but leans to one side and quickly flips over on his back. It's like one leg isn't moving as fast as the other. If I hold him, his legs work great. It's only when he tries to move on his own. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

As of yesterday I have nutridrench in the water and brewers yeast sprinkled in the food. The food is a medicated chick food for chickens. I can go to the store and get b vitamin liquid and not dilate it too.

Hey, thanks for asking but he passed away last night. I was watching tv with him late and noticed his eyes were kinda boogery. So I cleaned him up, he didnt want to eat or drink so I wrapped him in fresh blankets and placed him in a box next to my bed. He went to sleep and this morning I went to pick him up to get the morning started and he didnt wake up. So when the kids went off to school I buried him out in the yard.

Here's one

Attachments

• 20190907_085716.jpg
    20190907_085716.jpg
    404.7 KB · Views: 8
Are you supplying any niacin supplements? usually weakness in the legs and some neurological issue can be caused by niacin deficiency. What feed are you using? most feed for chickens unless an all flock don't have near enough niacin for our water fowl babies. So I'd go to Attwoods and look in their cattle section if they don't have one TSC does pick up Liquid B Complex start giving your little one 1 ml a day and see if that gets him going. Its best to put it over something that he'll eat pretty quick instead of putting it in water where it will get diluted. It will say injectable but just peel off the foil and use a dropper to pull out 1 ml. To me all water fowl until 10 weeks of age especially those that will be large breed should be on B complex it has all the B vitamins and is so good for our babies.[This is just my humble opinion] After 10 weeks then switch to Nutritional yeast sprinkled on feed at 1 tab per cup of feed. The brand name of this Liquid b complex is Durvet.

Back
Top Bottom