Why is my duckling so little!

Cfrieze

Hatching
Nov 8, 2023
Hi! All of these call ducklings were hatched at the same time. The small yellow one was the last to hatch but only by a few hours. He eats and drinks well and acts like all the others but has barely grown! Is this normal? Will he make it? Is there anything I can do to help him? The other ones have seemed to start kinda picking on him and trampling him. I’m at a loss.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0318.jpeg
    IMG_0318.jpeg
    832.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0319.jpeg
    IMG_0319.jpeg
    773.1 KB · Views: 17
Every now and then I get one like that too and I'm not sure what causes it. Is a vet an option? I ask because many years ago when I had a runt peachick, the vet suggested giving it some antibiotics.

There is only one vet that sees ducks in quite a big radius and they are normally clueless. Didn’t even know what bumblefoot was 🤦🏼‍♀️
I’m just so thrown by this one. I thought it would have grown more by now but it’s just hanging in there being super tiny.

@shawluvsbirds also has Calls. I would place him inside a pen where he cannot be trampled on. But where he can see everyone. Maybe put another one of his sibs in with him. Also get some Poutlry Cell Many on here use it to give a struggling ducklings a boost.
:welcome

Back
Top Bottom