Duckling unable to stand

oh that poor baby. She falls equally both ways is what I am noticing. And she has a LOT of spunk...this is different than the little guy that I was nursing...hopefully someone will respond with this video. Keep us posted. Has she changed at all? gotten worse/ gotten better? changed?

oh that poor baby :-(
I'm no expert but I think I'd try standing the baby up on it's feet and waddling a towel around it's legs to keep it upright, then see if I could get some vitamins/food/water into it. It's definately losing it's balance which might mean a neurological problem. I suggest waddling it up because I imagine it's getting dizzy which could be stressful , perhaps if it can stand still and rest a bit as well as vitamins, food and water it may get it's balance back. Like I said though, I'm no expert.

This baby looks like a fighter to me, I hope you can bring it around to live a long and happy life.

Michelle

same thing my 3-4 week old crested is doing. it started off with a hurt foot or it was acting like it had a hurt foot and then it started doing this same thing. It wasnt like this the first week i had it. since it has been doing what yours is doing. i have been giving my duck niacin and vitamin b for over 4-5 days now. Even saw the vet and i dont see any improvement. I will be following your thread with hopes our ducks will make it

I am going to give him brewers yeast and also try some short swimming sessions to see if it will help him.

I'll give him every chance to make it and do what I can because he is a fighter that's for sure.

Just got to look at the video. The legs are normal. It's neurological, which can be genetic or a deficiency. Get the niacin and the polyvisol without iron for infants. Looking at the video I would also dose it higher. Try 1 drop 4 times per day directly into the bill. The niacin can go into the drinking water. 100mg per gallon, but I would also double it for the next few days. I remember that one lady had to do this for 2 weeks and she did not see improvement for the first week.

Try the Niacin capsules (I think it was 150 mg per day for a deficient duck) dissolved in water, I have read that they will heal within 3 days once the Niacin levels are high enough.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom