duckling with a flopy head

Ok, so i think what your saying is they can go for a swim anytime now???? They are still a little dirty from the hatch. Then when i get them out of the tub how do i dry them since they don't have thier oils yet? Do i just put them under the heat lamp a watch them closely? Oh and BTW anyone who can answer my questions is a pro. Some day i will be able to pass it on to someone else who needs help. Thanks again. Your little guy is soooooo cute in the water, i can't wait to see what mine do. Angie

Sorry, one more question. BUT maybe not the last. One of the ducklings eyes seams to be half closed or it kind of looks sticky or something, don't know how to explain it. How would i clean it? Should i use a warm,wet cotton ball and kind of wipe it. It looks like it should be taken care of though. Can you help with that? Thanks Angie.

well as for the bath, i have a tiny 1 inch deep bath, i let them play in it 3 times a day, they make the water very dirty, hee hee, then they preen alot, which stimul;ates the oil glands, also, a hair dryer, they love the warmth, once they get used to the noise, which takes maybe 2 mins of holding them still, then they lay there enjoying the heat, just make sure its not to hot, as for the eye, cotton bud and warm water, that should do it, check the eye, is it just dirt, or white gunk?, could just me dirt, as once they get into there food, they flick it all around

my guys are doing great, takes alot though, i keep mine in a tank, and i have to clean them 3 times a day, also, percy is doing very well, jumping around, just like the others, i took them outside and they loved it

Quote:
MISSY-
Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I read somewhere not to use cotton to wipe them off, cannot remember y. but just use a warm washcloth. And when you take them out of the bath, just put them in a towel and pat dry them, then put them under the lamp and they will preen, and preen and preen(very fun and cute to watch)
Watch your baby with the sticky eye, if it continues to ooze it may need some vitamins/antibiotics. but just hold off and watch it for a couple days.
Im really not a professional, I just obtain alot of info. I read from all the blogs. But if I can pass my knowledge on to someone who it can help then I feel great about it! Im glad I have been able to help you with your babies.
My babies are growing so fast I can hardly keep up. but I think that you can deal with them better if you just feed/water/bathe/love and enjoy them.
wink.png
smile.png
Im really glad that I met you in this forum. If you have anymore questions, I would be happy to answer them if I can.
Thanks, T.
BTW- Im waiting for pics.
smile.png

Oh no, i can't believe i didn't seen you pics. I think everyone else in the world has them by now. Well here goes I'll show mom and dad first. Not sure whichone is mom, they look the same and they both leave me eggs everyday in the same nest.
Dad
68014_camera_pics_429.jpg

Mom
68014_camera_pics_454.jpg

Baby's
68014_duck_eggs_hatch_109.jpg

68014_duck_eggs_hatch_131.jpg

68014_duck_eggs_hatch_138.jpg

This is special the one i lost on Sat. She's swimming in the big pond in the sky.
68014_duck_eggs_hatch_074.jpg

68014_duck_eggs_hatch_056.jpg

68014_duck_eggs_hatch_072.jpg

Sorry, but you asked for pics.lol
She realy loved her bunny's.

Quote:
THOSE PICS are soooooo adorable! I love the first pic. with mom and dad. The one with all the colors is just beautiful! Thank you for sending the pics. just AWESOME! YOU ROCK MISSY!
Thanks,
Tina(this is my name, I usually just put T. but I wanted you to know my name;-)
Well...........here I go..................taking the duck and goose out for their slug fest! be back to BYC soon, I love this website!

To bad you had lose one.. im so sorry. The rest are so cute and mom and dad are great.

Do ducky moms make better parents then hens?
jumpy.gif
D.gif

I don't know if ducky moms make better parents, i'm ducky mom for now and i'm a new mom at that. I don't give my ducks a chance to set cause then i don't get anymore eggs.

Thank you. I am a mom to humans too. But they are grown, i am a grama of five and i've been raising one of them for the last eleven years. He is thirteen now, the fun age, lol. Being a mom to a bunch of little call ducklings is alot of fun and alot of stress and worrying, but still the fun makes up for it.

Back
Top Bottom