Duckling with injured leg/foot

Newduckmommy421

Hatching
Apr 23, 2021
I'm not a skilled duck mother I became one on happenstance. So I have two duckling that were abandoned.....yesterday as i was cleaning my bathroom I got up to check on my toddler and the babies....babies were not in there bin...I went straight to my 3 yr old. But I was too late. So Spunky now will not use his foot at all. I called a vet and they said they would probably put him to sleep????? So I'm on here reading and everyone is saying they heal so well....I cannot afford a vet at all. But I love these 2 duckling please help me....

What's going on with the duckling's foot? Is it swollen, dangling, etc.? If the duckling was dropped, there could be more going on than just a hurt leg. A detailed description of your examination and photos would be helpful to inform responses.

Do you now have the ducklings in a secured brooder so that your toddler can't access them? This is an unfortunate way to realize that toddlers and ducklings aren't a good mix. If you haven't already found it, the BYC Learning Center has resources for new duck raisers.

Best of luck with your duckling's recovery.

Back
Top Bottom