duckling with leaking yolk??

She is doing great. But while trying to snuggle against the remaining eggs she was knocking them all around. So i moved her into the brooder. She ran around like crazy for a bit but snuggled up with a teddy bear my son gave her. She is still chirping very loudly like she's lonely though. If the remaining don't make it i might have to buy her a friend.
OH put her back, it's Ok that she tosses those eggs around, the reason you want her back is because she's going to be the one to get those other babies going. they will hear her and get jeolous and there process will speed up. It's kind of like dominos,.. Once one is out they all will follow.. How many more eggs are due to hatch??? Unless those others aren't due yet then keep her out.

Last edited:
She is doing great. But while trying to snuggle against the remaining eggs she was knocking them all around. So i moved her into the brooder. She ran around like crazy for a bit but snuggled up with a teddy bear my son gave her. She is still chirping very loudly like she's lonely though. If the remaining don't make it i might have to buy her a friend.
OMG< SHE"S ADORABLE

OH put her back, it's Ok that she tosses those eggs around, the reason you want her back is because she's going to be the one to get those other babies going.  they will hear her and get jeolous and there process will speed up.  It's kind of like dominos,..  Once one is out they all will follow..  How many more eggs are due to hatch??? Unless those others aren't due yet then keep her out.
they aren't due til Saturday.. but now that you say that they are more active than she was. I candled after i moved her and i could hear tapping in one and chirping in the other.. nothing from the third.. which I'm worried won't make it. The shell is starting to look discolored... any ideas on the cause of that?

they aren't due til Saturday.. but now that you say that they are more active than she was. I candled after i moved her and i could hear tapping in one and chirping in the other.. nothing from the third.. which I'm worried won't make it. The shell is starting to look discolored... any ideas on the cause of that?

Grab it, smell it, we need to make sure that one isn't going to EXPLODE. that will cause a Huge mess and possible destroy the rest of the eggs. also since you have it out, candle it. Check for movements. Sounds like the others are on there WAY/ WOOO HOO

Looks like I have a date on Saturday
pop.gif

LOL, Crossing fingers.

Just a quick update. The baby girl is doing good but she is lonely. I've seen her eating a bit of the feed and shown her the water a few times. My son said he's seen her walk up and drink so that made me feel better.

Back
Top Bottom