Duckling with mucus coming from mouth...

Hi I have two ducks the have that mucus and there are two month old this month. I'm going to try the sugar water and hope for the best.
Why sugar water? I'd use unpasteurized Apple cider vinegar. much better for them. and
welcome-byc.gif
oh any other symptoms?

Hi, No other symptoms, and thier are doing better. No mucus. Thier are so so funny. I don't know that I would love these the girls as much as I do. I would put a pictures but I don't kow how to.

They are definitely sweet and loving just made them a manion to play in when they have to be.alone

I think I´m going to make this too.

Mu ducklings are too big for their broodery but the bigger one is still taken for the bext 3 days, I don´t have a seperate food/drink part and with this sudden hot weather I have to clean it 5 times a day; and now 5 out of 8 have that runny clear mucus from their mouth. I just bathed them each seperately in warm water, dunking their head under a lot, rubbed them clean, and put them in a single box under the heater to dry up. Cleaned there brooder again; and they seem much better know.

Now preparing some extra eggyolk-mealworm-pea mash to give a boost.
But that apple cider vinegar someone was saying about? What to do with it and how much?

p.s. The snotty ones also feel colder then the rest. They drink fine thought. Can eat be like just a heavy cold? The share a drinking thing together that with this heat runs empty reaaaally quick.. so they might infected each other through that.

So anyway; it is gone now. Yesterday afternoon when I discovered the snot-bubbles and loooong snot-drools from their mouths I each scrubbed them gently in a warm bath, and gently forced their head under. Then let them fluff up under an heating lamp while cleaning eveything in their brooder out with boiling hot water.
I also fed them some extra eggyolk/pea/mealworm mash.
I repeated the cleaning again late in the evening.

They are way more active now and no snot anymore.

Back
Top Bottom