Duckling yawning or something bad...? (VIDEO included)

bunandpancake

Chirping
Jun 6, 2020
Hi all, back with another question! I’ve noticed when I have my ducklings out with me that they do this little stretching move with their mouths. I wondered if they were too hot or perhaps thirsty, but when I put them in a shallow bath for a splash I saw one doing it again. They also make a very soft clicking when they breathe-like a child with a blocked nose. I only can hear it when they’re laying next to my ear. Is it possibly gape worm??? I’ve only had them three days, and while I didn’t see the conditions the brooder kept them in, they haven’t been exposed to anything in the outdoors here! They otherwise seem ok, a bit shy still but very cuddly and very vocal! They’ve been eating and drinking loads too

Video

Last edited:

CIuck

Songster
Jun 3, 2020
Conneticut
Hi all, back with another question! I’ve noticed when I have my ducklings out with me that they do this little stretching move with their mouths. I wondered if they were too hot or perhaps thirsty, but when I put them in a shallow bath for a splash I saw one doing it again. They also make a very soft clicking when they breathe-like a child with a blocked nose. I only can hear it when they’re laying next to my ear. Is it possibly gape worm??? I’ve only had them three days, and while I didn’t see the conditions the brooder kept them in, they haven’t been exposed to anything in the outdoors here! They otherwise seem ok, a bit shy still but very cuddly and very vocal! They’ve been eating and drinking loads too

I can’t figure out how to upload a video, if anyone knows please let me know so I can show it! For now here are screenshots of the video View attachment 2183102
Im not sure, I dont own any ducks but my chickens yawn all the time! Wait for more responces thought.

FunnyfarmMidwest

Call Duck obsessed! 🦆💕
Mar 14, 2020

I can’t figure out how to upload a video, if anyone knows please let me know so I can show it! For now here are screenshots of the video View attachment 2183102
To upload a video you first upload it to YouTube or Vimeo then copy and paste the link here. Best of luck with your ducks.

Top Bottom