Ducklings age?

meskew187

In the Brooder
Mar 30, 2018
So I was surprised with 6 ducklings 2 khaki campbells and 4 pekin and I am at a loss as to how old they are tractor supply said the pekin are a week or 2 old but when I google pics of week old pekin ducklings they all look so much bigger than mine the khakis came from someone else and are about a week old any help? They are temporarily in a dog crate in the kitchen while hubby is building them a better home in the barn :)

Attachments

• Ducks.jpg
    Ducks.jpg
    383.8 KB · Views: 12
ok thanks when I started looking at pics on google and some youtube videos I was like wait a minute mine aren't that big but the more I read the more I see they grow really fast :) I have hatched and raised soo many chickens but never ducks so far so good :)

They look so cute by the way!!! Pekins are one of my favorites.

While you are doing your research, look at their niacin requirements also. It’s very important to Pekins and can really effect them if you don’t supplement. And..... congratulations!

They look so cute by the way!!! Pekins are one of my favorites.

While you are doing your research, look at their niacin requirements also. It’s very important to Pekins and can really effect them if you don’t supplement. And..... congratulations!

Thanks! They are adorable working on naming them tonight with the kids lol I am adding some brewers yeast for them I had read somewhere on here that would work. I want so bad to put them in my bath tub but don't want them to chill or anything so I'm trying to wait lol hubby almost has their box in the barn done I'm having mixed emotions about that lol I keep thinking what if the light blows or something inside they are staying away from it I moved the thermometer from the 90 degree side to where they are hanging out and it's only about 74 degrees! So you can safely say I'm searching here and google like a crazy person lol

I had to make s compromises with the hubs. I could keep my Pekin ducklings but I had to keep them outside. They are doing great so far. They huddle under the light when they are cold and go inside when it’s drafty. They are pretty hardy. I love them. And yes the brewers yeast is perfect!

That's mine he said they have to move out of the kitchen on the bright side the kids will follow them right out to the barn and be out from under my feet lol they love watching them and I'm pretty sure I've never seen a cleaner pen and ducks are supposed to be messier than chicks the kids are quick to clean up the ducky mess if only that would roll over to their own messes <3 Thank you for helping me out. Reading helps but real people always make me feel better lol

Back
Top Bottom