Ducklings are plodding around like they have lead in their feet

I'm not sure what do do about the exercise part either, as when I take them all outside, they take a few steps and then just plop down again.
They sound like they need to be in a bigger Brooder with ample room to run around. It won't happen overnight. Swimming is also great to build up the leg muscles.

They sound like they need to be in a bigger Brooder with ample room to run around. It won't happen overnight. Swimming is also great to build up the leg muscles.
I've got them in a dog swimming pool. It's pretty big and has room for them to walk around. I did, admittedly, have them in one of those large plastic totes for the first week, and it was really cramped.

Ok. Now this is weird. I gathered some roly polys and earwigs and threw them in the brooder, to get the ducks moving and the the runners didn't do anything. My Khaki Campbell was beside herself with glee, zipping here and there. My big girl, Sage, just sat. :barnie

And get this, I threw some small earthworms in there, and even the Khaki Campbell didn't like them

I feel like I'm in an alternate universe!

Back
Top Bottom