Ducklings dying

So we are outside when they are free roaming mostly. We only have a cat and he doesn’t bother with them. I used the BTK for the caterpillars but it is supposed to be safe which is the only reason we used it. Now the ducks only ate a few when the caterpillars were small now that they are bigger they don’t bother with them. I do have a clematis plant and some honeysuckle but we have never seen them in the garden. Honestly they mostly hang by the river and in my deck🥴

Is there any algae in the river? Or any type of manufacturing plants located near the river? I wonder if you could get ahold of whoever bred them to see if they are having similar problems🤔 you would think if it's genetic their flock would be dying off at a fast rate as well. Also im just trying to come up with any possibilities and not trying to diagnose it any way.

Is there any algae in the river? Or any type of manufacturing plants located near the river? I wonder if you could get ahold of whoever bred them to see if they are having similar problems🤔 you would think if it's genetic their flock would be dying off at a fast rate as well. Also im just trying to come up with any possibilities and not trying to diagnose it any way.
There is some algae but there are ducks and my daughters dogs that are in it all the time. We all swim in it too. We are in a small town of 800 people so no manufacturing plants. I did ask about the other ducklings and apparently they are all fine but apparently the person I got them from said there were 2 drakes and 2 females so she isn’t sure which ones are from which. This is why I was worried about it being something in my yard that I am unaware of because of 8 I had 4 and three have died😢

There is some algae but there are ducks and my daughters dogs that are in it all the time. We all swim in it too. We are in a small town of 800 people so no manufacturing plants. I did ask about the other ducklings and apparently they are all fine but apparently the person I got them from said there were 2 drakes and 2 females so she isn’t sure which ones are from which. This is why I was worried about it being something in my yard that I am unaware of because of 8 I had 4 and three have died😢
I imagine that is absolutely heartbreaking for you and again I'm so sorry😢 I agree with your conclusion that something in your yard must be the cause. It would be extremely unlikely that you only received the ducklings with the same genetic defects and no one else's ducklings from the same flock have shown symptoms or died.

I imagine that is absolutely heartbreaking for you and again I'm so sorry😢 I agree with your conclusion that something in your yard must be the cause. It would be extremely unlikely that you only received the ducklings with the same genetic defects and no one else's ducklings from the same flock have shown symptoms or died.
I guess I will know soon enough if the last duck doesn’t make it. Although he may die from 💔

Back
Top Bottom