Ducklings eating rubber fishing lures

I have it on my other computer, so I'll post it when I am able to get to that computer. He looks a lot like a bantam appleyard, but is more mallard-sized. He and his mate, who also looks like an appleyard, had a son who looked just like him, but I haven't seen him lately.
Sound very pretty makes you wonder why they end up at lakes etc. So sad animals are so easily throw aways. Glad your there to watch over them.

Here is the photo I took after he ate what I think was a fishing lure. He and his mate fly as well as the mallards, so they could be escapees. This isn't the best photo of him.

Here is Snowy. The female behind him is Snowie.

I saw him today and he was fine. I think if it had metal or hooks, he would be sick or dead by now. They were foraging in the area where they found the rubber worm. They've lowered the lake's water level and it's raining, so all the ducks are enjoying the good things that can be found in the mud.

I saw him today and he was fine. I think if it had metal or hooks, he would be sick or dead by now. They were foraging in the area where they found the rubber worm. They've lowered the lake's water level and it's raining, so all the ducks are enjoying the good things that can be found in the mud.

Happy to hear both, he is still looking well and you all are getting rain!

I wonder if they were eating an apple snail. I saw a coot carrying off a large snail this morning and the ducks were all trying to steal it. Then, it looked like they pulled the snail out of the shell and it looked similar to a fishing lure. Poor snail. It was also tough for them to swallow. We have a bumper crop of large apple snails at the lake this year.

I wonder if they were eating an apple snail. I saw a coot carrying off a large snail this morning and the ducks were all trying to steal it. Then, it looked like they pulled the snail out of the shell and it looked similar to a fishing lure. Poor snail. It was also tough for them to swallow. We have a bumper crop of large apple snails at the lake this year.
Maybe so if they looked similar. lol I always hate it when mine catch a frog or mouse.They ate all the preying mantis around here too
hmm.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom