Ducklings got dumped at pond

I imagine they are terrified. can anyone get into the pond and steer the ducklings to land and then there be many friends to help gather them up. A large fishing net may work too.
Was thinking the same thing with the fishing net. It may scare them but it's better than the other outcome, which is them not making it. Don't give up :hugs
When I rescued a duckling last summer, I had luck luring her close shaking a bag with some duck feed in it. Ultimately, though, I need help from my niece who was herding the duck from a little canoe in the water. Depending on the size of the pond I can't imagine it's going to be easy without someone in the water.
Where are you located? There are some duck rescues some places that would come and help capture and save the babies.

Edit: if I’m anywhere near you I’ll come help but 🤷‍♀️
They are at a public pond and the staff there told me that I could grab a kayak or anything really because it would disturb the wild life but I am going to go back today and check to see if they are okay if we can do something if any of you live in Utah they got dumped at wheeler farm we have tried to give them corn to lure them but it would just float into the middle of the pond.

Try placing food on the edge of the pond, making sure they see you do it. Back away, far enough where they won't feel threatened. This may take a few days, but keep moving the food back and perhaps into an enclosure (portable fencing?) that's open on three sides.

Have you contacted the SPA?

Try placing food on the edge of the pond, making sure they see you do it. Back away, far enough where they won't feel threatened. This may take a few days, but keep moving the food back and perhaps into an enclosure (portable fencing?) that's open on three sides.

Have you contacted the SPA?
We almost got them tonight using food and we did not have a fishing net we tried to get them but it was getting dark so we tried for about 2 hours and tomorrow we are going to go back with fishing nets and the staff gave me and the person that I'm working with to try and catch the ducklings but we cannot go on the water, I will give an update tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom