Ducklings not externally pipping

Congratulations!!!! I'll do some research on the thick shells. I've had similar issues too. There must be others! Maybe we can figure it out... If I find out, I'll post it back here.
Let us know how the next baby turns out.
Good luck and well done.

Thank you! Baby "Lucky" is doing well this morning. VERY ACTIVE and walking pretty good. Already trying to hop out of its box.

My other egg started chirping this morning. I know it internally pipped yesterday, but heard some faint peeps this morning first. I did try sanding down the shell a bit around the air cell in hopes that this little guy can do the dirty work by itself! I did find a little soft where it was indeed working on a pip. (This was after a bit of sanding). So, we shall watch and see!

I also noticed the egg is starting to grey on the bottom, I am hoping this just means it's ready to go!

He's too wiggly for a good picture! But he's grey and yellow! SO CUTE!!! (Hoping he's a she! Lol!) No name yet...I will let the kids argue over it in the morning.

We have crumbles, bought them weeks ago to get ready for our hatchlings, but those babies didn't make it. (Same issue, couldn't pip the shells.)

I will go dig up a stuffed animal! My kids have tons!
1f600.png

So cute! I love my Brinsea brooder! Half of my chicks get under it, and the other half lay on top of it..
big_smile.png

Thank you! Baby "Lucky" is doing well this morning. VERY ACTIVE and walking pretty good. Already trying to hop out of its box.

My other egg started chirping this morning. I know it internally pipped yesterday, but heard some faint peeps this morning first. I did try sanding down the shell a bit around the air cell in hopes that this little guy can do the dirty work by itself! I did find a little soft where it was indeed working on a pip. (This was after a bit of sanding). So, we shall watch and see!

I also noticed the egg is starting to grey on the bottom, I am hoping this just means it's ready to go!

Good luck, and keep us posted!

He's too wiggly for a good picture! But he's grey and yellow! SO CUTE!!! (Hoping he's a she! Lol!) No name yet...I will let the kids argue over it in the morning.

We have crumbles, bought them weeks ago to get ready for our hatchlings, but those babies didn't make it. (Same issue, couldn't pip the shells.)

I will go dig up a stuffed animal! My kids have tons!
1f600.png
He's cute congrats.

fl.gif
Good luck!

Well, I am guessing that gray spot on egg number #2 may have been an indication that it is breech! Hoping we can still save this one.

It looked like it had internally pipped yesterday, and it was chirping today, so this afternoon, I went to poke a small hole. I looked inside and it looked like there was dry white membrane all around out. Probably from dealing with the previous duckling so much. I couldn't see a beak, so I I peeled the shell off around the air sack and wet the membrane, as I did with the last one. I poked around and still haven't located it's beak...but he is legs and butt up.

Just been peeling a little shell at a time, wetting membrane then wrapping him in a wet paper towel to rest a while. He is still chirping...so we will see how this goes!

Poked a little hole where I saw the gray spots on the egg...and found his beak! Wrapped him back up and going to leave him another couple hours. Umbilical spot looks juicy yet.

Back
Top Bottom