Ducklings on the way from Metzer Farms!

We are about 3 miles from A post office. but MY post office is about 30 minutes away. I thought about going there at like 7 this morning... but they don't open until 8:30. Perhaps I should have gone when they opened -- but I'm not sure what time the trucks leave with the mail. Our usual carrier is very nice, I'm sure she'll be careful with them :). If they aren't on the truck when it gets here then straight to the post office i go....

We are about 3 miles from A post office. but MY post office is about 30 minutes away. I thought about going there at like 7 this morning... but they don't open until 8:30. Perhaps I should have gone when they opened -- but I'm not sure what time the trucks leave with the mail. Our usual carrier is very nice, I'm sure she'll be careful with them :). If they aren't on the truck when it gets here then straight to the post office i go....
Good luck! I hope they show up soon!

Live Stream:

Duckies have arrived! 7 of the 8 are happy and health and feasting! Our little Welshie didn't make it. Probably have them send us a replacement as soon as possible, we were looking forward to that one!

The other 7 were perky and happy and energetic. They are enjoying their food and sugar water now. 2 of the Black Swedish go to their home down the street tonight. The rest stay here :).

The Blue Swedish seems a little more tired than the others, but still eating and drinking, so I'm expecting her to perk up quickly.

The Post office finally called at 11am to have me come pick them up! (they got the ducks at 4:35am per tracking, and they open at 8:30.). They didn't really have an answer as to why I wasn't able to reach them when calling. I was using the right number. I guess next time I should just go when they open.

Shipping box was a good size, there were 2 heat packs, still warm. 2 cups of the gel food, both empty. Gave the ducks some sugar-water as soon as we opened them, everyone drank up right away. Got home and in the brooder in about 30 minutes and they've been doing laps between the food and sugar-water ever since!

Attachments

• PXL_20220527_162226460 (1).jpg
    PXL_20220527_162226460 (1).jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 21
Live Stream:

Duckies have arrived! 7 of the 8 are happy and health and feasting! Our little Welshie didn't make it. Probably have them send us a replacement as soon as possible, we were looking forward to that one!

The other 7 were perky and happy and energetic. They are enjoying their food and sugar water now. 2 of the Black Swedish go to their home down the street tonight. The rest stay here :).

The Blue Swedish seems a little more tired than the others, but still eating and drinking, so I'm expecting her to perk up quickly.

The Post office finally called at 11am to have me come pick them up! (they got the ducks at 4:35am per tracking, and they open at 8:30.). They didn't really have an answer as to why I wasn't able to reach them when calling. I was using the right number. I guess next time I should just go when they open.

Shipping box was a good size, there were 2 heat packs, still warm. 2 cups of the gel food, both empty. Gave the ducks some sugar-water as soon as we opened them, everyone drank up right away. Got home and in the brooder in about 30 minutes and they've been doing laps between the food and sugar-water ever since!
So cute!! Sorry about the welshie, that’s sad!

Metzer was VERY quick to response to my inquiry about a replacement, and gave me the option of refund, or new welshie + random duck. We really wanted the welsh, so I decided to get purchase a Cayuga that I also really wanted to ship with the Welshie instead of the random duck. They can't ship a single duck of course. 👍

At least you got some tracking information. My order was shipped Tuesday from Tenn. Metzer sent me a number in email. when I clicked on the number all it said was a shipping label had been created and the package was on its way to the post office. No updates after that. I got a call yesterday morning from the post office at 7 and picked them up. Out of curiosity I clicked the PO link and it said out for delivery.

I wonder why the scanning/tracking of these isn't as good. The Metzer site does mention that they'll often fail to scan them. I'm curious if USPS just forgets because they are special treatment or what.

My tracking was relatively complete. Sounds like they don't have a status for "pending customer pickup" though.. And my PO didn't call until 11 am...

I'm sure every office is a little different in their process too..

The lady called and said "we have your chickens" :gig

Back
Top Bottom