Ducklings with foot problems. Help?

Do you have a vet that could take a culture to see what you are dealing with? For so many to all have the same thing going on at the same time seems like an environmental issue unless you know they are all from the same batch of eggs then maybe a genetic thing.

I don't think so. I'm a college student so I don't have much money and the local vet charges you $60 just to get in and that doesn't include any medications or tests. They are my first set of ducklings and they came from ideal hatchery.

Not entirely convinced I would recommend the vet/testing route. Been there, done that. Got NOTHING but a big bill. They can tell you what "cooties" are in the foot but not what caused the problem and not how to solve it.

Agreed.

Wait a minute.....ten ducklings, six minutes each, is an hour twice a day. How did we get to five?
oops, I was counting each foot. You're right, it'd be one duckling at a time. But that still makes for quite the time consuming job. I also need to set aside time to apply antibiotics and wrap each of their feet.

Here are 2 other pictures that turned out fairly clear. The rest are too blurry to see anything. I'll try to take more tonight.

This foot isn't as bad, but it still has the hard lump with cracks on top.

This duck has a hard lump with cracks on the middle of her middle toe. Hers is pretty mild compared to some of the others.

Quote:
I SO get it. Truly. Also been there, done that.
tongue.png
If you can pick one that you think might tolerate your educational work. You really will feel SO much better if something productive comes of it. (I argued for YEARS about carving into my chicken's feet . Was convinced there HAD to be another, more humane way. But once I got it figured out, I've saved a HUGE amount of hassle to me and pain to my birds. "Get 'er done" is my new motto.)

Here are 2 other pictures that turned out fairly clear. The rest are too blurry to see anything. I'll try to take more tonight.

This duck has a hard lump with cracks on the middle of her middle toe. Hers is pretty mild compared to some of the others.

That does not look like any "bumblefoot" I've ever seen. I'm going to PM some duck "experts" I know.

The yellow stuff is poop right? Or a part of what is concerning you? For the most part their feet look like duck feet to me otherwise. Maybe I should click on the photo to make it bigger? I could be missing something. LOL I need more coffee

Back
Top Bottom