Ducklings!

Congratulations on your adorable babies!

I've only had ducklings once, so more experienced duckling keepers please correct me if I'm wrong about this.

My understanding is that a water dish that young ducklings can not get their bodies into is important. What I did was cut a hole in a plastic container so my ducklings could get their heads in, but not get their bodies wet.

In the photo in looks like they have a regular bowl of water they are swimming in? My understanding is that is unhealthy for them, and young ducklings should be kept dry, except for short swimming "feild trips" in warm water where they are warmed up/dried off after.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your adorable babies!

I've only had ducklings once, so more experienced duckling keepers please correct me if I'm wrong about this.

My understanding is that a water dish that young ducklings can not get their bodies into is important. What I did was cut a hole in a plastic container so my ducklings could get their heads in, but not get their bodies wet.

I'm the photo in looks like they have a regular bowl of water they are swimming in? My understanding is that is unhealthy for them, and young ducklings should be kept dry, except for short swimming "feild trips" in warm water where they are warmed up/dried off after.
Thank you so much! I will be sure to fix this ASAP. And yes, it is a regular bowl. Also, why do the water bowls have to have rocks in them?

Back
Top Bottom