Ducklings..

holderh

Songster
9 Years
Oct 13, 2011
We hatched some duck eggs and now have 5 ducklings. They are 2 weeks old and have been kept inside our garage with a heat lamp. I moved them to an outdoor brooder today ( Dog kennel) that is inside our outdoor chicken/duck run.I like to get them outside ASAP to safely be introduced to the rest of the flock and It has always worked well with my chickens. They are under a heat lamp in a good sized dog crate ( secured so they can’t squeeze through) the chicken run a roof over part of it ( they are under that part) and we have some things against the crate to provide windbreaks.

During daytime temps they are ok, but will I need to bring them back into the garage at night? The lows this week is 34 degrees.

thanks!

We hatched some duck eggs and now have 5 ducklings. They are 2 weeks old and have been kept inside our garage with a heat lamp. I moved them to an outdoor brooder today ( Dog kennel) that is inside our outdoor chicken/duck run.I like to get them outside ASAP to safely be introduced to the rest of the flock and It has always worked well with my chickens. They are under a heat lamp in a good sized dog crate ( secured so they can’t squeeze through) the chicken run a roof over part of it ( they are under that part) and we have some things against the crate to provide windbreaks.

During daytime temps they are ok, but will I need to bring them back into the garage at night? The lows this week is 34 degrees.

thanks!
You need to bring them in when it gets that low.

Back
Top Bottom