Ducklings?

CRH1223

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 4, 2009
PA
So yesterday I went to go feed my 2 ducks one male and one female. I discovered thus huge nest that I never seen before. There were 6 eggs in it. The Female has laid eggs before but never in a nest and she never has sat on them.. She has not moved from the nest and all the male does is sit in front of her like he is the guard duck. The girl has been very loud yesterday and today. I just got done feeding them and both came out and roamed around and then went right back to there positions.

Is this the sign as ducklings on the way? What should I do? Will the male attack the ducklings?

Tips I need tips please!
smile.png

What breed do you have? Good luck with your ducklings
smile.png

I would keep an eye on the dad, they will sometimes push the female off the nest to try and mate, and some don't make great dads.
sad.png

Just keep an eye out!

Emily

Just wait a couple of weeks until she is running around with a hunched back and a cranky quack and looks sick - she isn't- she's brooooodyyyy.

Quote:
Well my lil 17d. khaki got hurt last night, her lil wing bone pierced thru her skin, she does have a hole with the bone able to be seen under her wing, but she has moved the wing, but I really don't know what to do? She is eatin,drinkin,poopin and is active today. I am at a loss for what to do for the injury. if anything, and I don't want her to be in continious pain like Humans are if something like a compound fracture would occur to us. Will she heal?
Thanks for any advise,
T.

Back
Top Bottom